Monday, October 4, 2010

Update

Hey all,

Had a busy couple of weekends here.  Busy but good, awesome!  The weekend before last my buddy had a stag, he's an outdoorsie person so we went hiking in K country.  We hiked up Mt. Baldy, I think that's what it's called??  It's just across from barrier lake.  It was amazing weather.  The leaves are changing but mother nature has blessed us with some semi-summer weather that we never got.  Anywho there were about 6 of us that made it up to the top of the mountain.  I'm hoping to go once more yet before the snow hits.  I just love climbing.  You get to be out in Nature, climbing, getting a good workout.  Then you get the amazing view at the top which is the reward for the hard work.

So then this weekend we had the wedding.  Again like I mentioned they're both hikers/photographers so they decided to have it on top of the tram/mountain in Jasper.  Kinda gutsy for October, we could have gotten any kind of weather possible eh?  But we got probably the best day imaginable.  One of the tram guides was saying how they only get a hand full of days in a entire year that were clear enough to see Mt. Robsin.  The tallest mountain in the Canadian Rockies.  It was so warm up top that we took our jackets off, and dead calm too.  So my friends Gerad + Laura had a picture perfect wedding, congratz to both!!  I'd post some pictures, I did end up taking a bunch with my crappy camera, but they're both photographers and I'm not sure I'm allowed to post them.

The running is going well again, I had to take a few days off from that hike up Mt. Baldy.  My legs were so wrecked after that, they needed time to recover.  That is just totally different muscles, but that's part of the reason I want to do more.  I forget what the name of the peak is, but hopefully we can climb it this coming weekend.  Gotta make it quick since it's thanksgiving and I got a dinner to go to saturday.  It should be an awesome workout and even better view.  It's the peak that if you're on the number one heading west just entering the Rockies on the right side.  It has the huge rock face and big scree slope going up to the rock face.  It doesn't look climbable from the highway, but you can climb around either side and make it up the back side.  Crossing my fingers, please mother nature, all I ask is one more good weekend plllllllllllllllllllease!!! Over and out,

DP (aka. bignose...I just realized)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

D,that is a funny picture!!!Matt asked me "what is darryl doing?gettin a haircut or something?"is this a pre ultra haircut???
Anyways,thought of you on the ride yesterday!take it easy & have a great week,Cam.

Heather said...

kinda looks like Mr Burns of the simpsons lol! Pic is way too funny