Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bored

Yes that's right the title says it all, I'm boreeeeed. Why I'm not training you ask? Well you see my body is fighting this cold and I need it to have all the energy it can to fight it off. BE GONE YOU!! I'm not sure if it was the cold rainy ride, or given to me by Lisa, or maybe a combo of both?? Isn't it kind of a myth that you don't actually get colds from being cold but from germs in the air? So why does one get sick after being cold. I think I read somwhere that colds(the sickness) can't even live in a cold climate or temperature so why am I sick??? Some of you may know the right answer to this, but ah haaaaaaaa I'm gonna give my guess before you can inform me. Then you can correct me if I'm wrong it's only my opinion anyways. I'm guessing I get sick after a cold wet workout because my body is so busy trying to get warm and to recover(I've gotten sick after a really tough workout too) that it has no energy left to fight off the many germs in the air and on things I touch. Since germs are all around us every day, sure we can do things to minimalize their existance, ie wash our hands, or keep things clean around the house, but we can never get rid of all of them. So they're bound to attack us when we're down and our immune system has no strength to fight it off!!!!

So here I am busy pounding back the extra strength cold fx, taking vitamins and making sure I have enough h2o in me to soak my pants. That reminds me, where's my water bottle? Ahhhh there it is. Anyways that is why I've missed my last two days of workouts. (sorry Curtis no warning about not showing up for the swim). I'm not feeling too too bad, even though I did miss a day of work. I'm sleeping as much as my body can handle as well which I'm sure is helping. I'm crossing my fingers hopinggggggggg that I can get to do the weekends tough workouts. Course after Penticton it still looks like a piece of cake. Two weeks till my first race, some of you are racing before that. Heck some of you will have raced twice before I get to do my first race of the season.....................................................I'm still bored. I'm just meant to train not sit here. Oh well patience, your time will come young skywalker. You will do amazing things this year let the water, road, and shoes be your guide aummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

5 comments:

CurtisV said...

Get better buddy! Jamie wasn't at swimming again either. Decent swim 6 drills x 3 with 75s in between each. Bit of pull and a few 100s...nothing really long though. It isn't much fun to be sick...sleep lots and keep doing what you're doing. Funny thing is I thought you were probably out biking like crazy to make up for the lousy weekend and couldn't make it back in time for swimming! Your fitness isn't going to change because of a few days rest. Use the time to re-charge. Do some visualization and mental training and get yourself pumped up to go again!

Later,
Aquaman

Chad Geiger said...

I laughed my ass off for your whole blog! I love it! Get better soon, Darryl, but keep the blogs coming!

Chad

kelsey said...

I've got the same cold. and thus equally bored and cranky because it's getting nice out again!

Also, they did prove a few years ago that having cold feet can make you catch a cold easier

http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/11/14/cold.chill/index.html

Jenna said...

get better - rest...chill..eat soup and be bored - it is the best thing you can do right now :)

Julie said...

Hahahah -- poor you! When you have to resort to the finer points of clod-catching,you MUST be bored!! Get lots of sleep and your dumb cold will take off before you know it!!


Have some great biking this weekend (if you are all healed up by then). :) :):)

Oh yeah -- are you sure its not rabies from that dog bite? LOL!!!!!! Sorry, had to! LOL!!