Thursday, May 1, 2008

She's finally home!!


Hey all,

Finally payed off and brought her home. Well not technically, I still have to pay off the CC. I want to get a bunch of miles on her before the May long weekend training camp. The first ride went awsome today, I can't believe it went so smooth. I rode for 2 hours and didn't get out of the aero bars cept to climb a couple over passes. Sure it was different, lower down, but it still felt good. The seat was probably the harder thing to get used to. I'll ride it a few more times then if I need to make adjustments or maybe even change the seat. It seemed to be a bit wide and chafe my legs up, but who knows it could be just a matter of getting used to it.

My leg is healing up fine, I think it should be good to go maybe by wednesday?? I could probably run already, but I'm making sure that it's ALL gone before I start. Besides my training is going really well with out the running, 5 rides(I think all outdoors) and 4 swims and some weights this week so I'm sure I won't have lost anything from the run. This has given me a good chance to work on the other two. Now that I have my new ride, I'm really pumped and ready to improve my riding. I'm already feeling quite strong on the bike.

Here's a pic, hopefully I'll get some pics from the long ride on Saturday. I think Curtis and I are gonna head out to Brag creek or elsewhere? I'm not sure, if anyone wants to join us they are more then welcome to do so. The more the merrier and fyi we'll probably ride about 30km ph give or take. Hopefully 3-4 hours at a easy-moderate pace.

5 comments:

Susi said...

30 kph an 'easy-moderate' pace?! you suck. LOL. (very much kidding there)

ride looks very sweet. have a great time this weekend!

Julie said...

Nice ride!! :):)

Don't even get me started about seats -- the way I figure it,is if the seat is chafing your legs now, look out!

I would love to find a needle thin seat -- the more I ride, the thinner the seat I want!

Have some great ridin' this weekend.

i am Susan said...

Nice Ride. I told Trevor that he could get a new bike once he qualifed for Kona : )

Is there such a thing as a comfortable seat???

runningman said...

Well this is my first TT bike, and I'm thinkin it'll be my last frame. I can upgrade parts next year. This thing is going to help me qualify for kona. :)))

I agree about the seat, narrower is better. I may have to change it out, but I want to give it a chance. The chafing part seemed to be ok at the end. My neck was a bit more sore then usual too, which is probably par for the course. I'm glad my back didn't bother me at all. All in all I think my adaptation is going great, and hey 2 hours for my first ride on my first TT bike?!!?! I think that's pretty good.

Trevor Oseen said...

Hey man. Looks like I will have to jam out on the ride tomorrow. I appreciate the offer and will perhaps take you up on Foilman.