Saturday, January 9, 2010

First week

Hey all,

Well the first week with Chuckie is nearly over. He took it really easy on me at first because I was sick, plus he played it safe while getting to know me, my limits, zones, etc. Well it hasn't all been easy. The cycling and running yes, not so much in the swimming dept. I swam 4 days this week!!! That's a whole lot for me, and yesterday it was a 3k swim. Greg did it with me, it was a pyramid 100,200,300,400,500,400,300,200,100. with 15 secs rest between. Course it didn't help that I just came from the work Christmas party, I didn't eat too much, but I guess it was a bit much for a swim after.

So yeah the week was good lots of swimming, but the cycling and running has been pretty easy. I got a new heart rate monitor(the Garmin 305) so that I can send more data Chuckie's way. In his opinion the more feedback he gets from me the better. So I emaail him all the time, I've realized how much of a learning process this "getting a new coach" business is. He gives me workouts and or tests and I send him the data back, then he adjusts my next workouts accordingly. It makes it even harder that I haven't even met the guy. Oh well if there's someone that can pull off this long distance coach/athlete relationship it's him!! He really is a fountain of knowledge, I've learned a ton from him already. Cheers, hope everyone else's training is going well. Later,

DP

5 comments:

Kelly B. said...

OMGosh! I love that new pic on your site!! What a crazy kid! And good for you for being such a great role model! Good luck with the new coach.
"just...keep....swimming" - Dory in Finding Nemo. Hahahahaha!!!

Julie said...

Congrats on passing your first week! Although something tells me you better enjoy this "easy" biking and running....because I don't hink it's going to last! Hee-hee!!

Leslie said...

Glad everything is going well with Chuckie V, it will be interesting to watch your workouts progress. Glad it is you and not me swimming 4x per week, blah!

Shannon Wicks said...

Congratz on the first week!

Anonymous said...

Yes,I am looking forward to your workouts!Thanks for gettin inboard.I think that I am more pumped to see you two guys at Cda this year.
You must be passed your base phase already?Giver a shout in a while,to talk about imam training &life.Cam.