Monday, January 25, 2010

Good weekend

Hey there,

Had a good weekend overall, I'm already seeing some kick ass fitness shine through and it sure feels good!! Saturday Chuckie gave me a double bike but gave me the option to both in one. I took that option and it earnt me a CarlosV bar Yayyyyyy. Check out his blog if you don't know what I'm talking about. I still don't knowif he's serious about his athletes actually earning chocolate or not?? But w/e like he said the workout is it's own reward right? Anyhow the ride ended up being 3.5 hours ending off with 2x30min at a really hard pace, low cadence and high heart rate. This hurt a lot, I think I blanked out cause we(went to Greg's to ride) were watching an Ironman and after the set I looked up and I barely even knew where I was I completely blocked everything out.

Yesterday I woke up early to run with Curtis. We talked about possibly running indoors because of all the ice/snow, but decided to suck it up and go outside since if we don't hold each other accountable we'd put it off too long and endup wasting the morning away before the run actually happens. So we met at 8am(did I mention I'm actually able to workout a few mornings aweek now? This is huge!! for me) at the rez to run around on the paths. About half of it was cleared, but even on the cleared stuff therewas ice. At one point going down a small hill Curtis's feet both slipped out and he landed hard on his elbow and hand. I freaked for a bit, so worried that he'd hurt his back. But he would have none of it and jumped up just as fast to keep running, he didn't even stop. What can I say the guy is tough!! I'll have to check with him again but I think he's perfectly fine. We finished the run 1:36 of it I think at a really good pace considering all the ice.

That evening I went swimming with Greg and this time it was a strength set. 3500m again, but I didn't quite finish since we got to the pool too late and they closed before we could finish. Oh well 3100 in one hour I think is pretty good I think. I get another shot at that particular workout on wed. I was going to do a easy ride to finish up the day. I just mentioned that I was a lil wiped to Chuckie and he didn't even let me ride easy. Off to bed, were my orders...So I went. I slept like a baby btw and feel great today!!

One more building week I think before I get a break, I haven't had a actual day off in 2-3 weeks? I will be training more and harder than ever before(for this time of year).
I uploaded a bunch of youtube videos if you guys want to comment on them that would be cool, either poke fun, or constructive crit is fine by me. I'll take what I can get. A buddy of mine took them to send to Chuckie so he can critique my form. Kinda limited without underwater shots, but I've had others do that for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Higco05jn24 (swim)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW9TzFmSqz8 (swim)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGt1WVgULYA (swim)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncoM4xurJ1o (swim)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GWEPe9mmB8 (swim)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93dSaHtw-rA (bike)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rizI_QKv-rE (bike)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_iDvtKaXzg (bike)

5 comments:

Keith said...

What a zoo in the pool! I'm amazed you can swim with all that crap going on around you. Or have they learned to stay out of your way?

i am Susan said...

Hey Darryl...good job on your workouts...this is the year for you. I just saw your comment on Trev's blog about his comment being over your head. Half the stuff he says is over my head. I just laugh as I am pretty sure he is trying to be funny most of the time. Have a great week!!

Julie said...

You are such a bike stud!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOOOO!!!!!!

I love the last movie clip -- when you look up at the camera-- it's like you're Lance Armstrong!! LMAO!!!! Awesome Darryl!!!

I see that I have the quote of the day!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

The way you are going, your dreams are going to be fulfilled sooner than you think, my friend! :) :)

runningman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
runningman said...

I deleted my comment, it sounded dumb. Aughhhh I just can't write.