Friday, January 22, 2010

I hate you Chuckie

I've been dreading this swim all week since I first saw it on the schedule. I did my best, went to the pool determined(in the AM mind you) to nail it!! I really did, I had the best intentions, but unfortunatly it chewed me up and spit me out promptly. The first few sets were all 25s with ALL-OUTs mixed in. The sets decreased in number of 25s while the hard ones became more frequent, longer rest too. That wasn't too bad, half way through I'm thinking I can handle this, but I also knew it wasn't this set that I was worried about. Ohhhh no the next one, I won't bore you with details, but it was a dousy involving 2100m no rest only "easy" 25s to recover from the ALL OUT efforts. Anyways 3500 total and I'm wiped!! I had to add a bunch of forbidden rest. :( But I will get up, dust myself off and proceed to crush the rest of my workouts this week.

7 comments:

Chuckie V said...

As Nietzsche said, "That which does not kill you..."

My take...

If you had enough energy left to write this blog, you didn't swim hard enough.

:)

-V

Keith said...

I was wondering how long it would be before a bog post on this topic came along.

Clearly you are not doing your 'easy' 25's slow enough. I've taken a couple of minutes for my 'easy' lengths. Only the patient and observant would know I was doing backstroke.

Keith said...

Blog post, darn it!

Anonymous said...

Slavedriver V!!! I enjoyed reading the workout blog more than doing that workout.D ,you are always so positive,dust off and come back stronger(you will)

Julie said...

Yeah -- try doggie paddling for the easy 25s!! LOL!!! Great effort, Darryl -- I'd give you a chocolate bar!! LOL!!!!!!! :) :) :)

You are going to slay this workout -- don't you worry. :) :)

Susi said...

i agree with chuckie...you obviously didn't work hard enough if you have the ability to get your arms up to the keyboard, haha.

this is going to be such an amazing year for you! you and chuckies program are going to get you your goals my friend! woot!!

Jenna said...

you know ... now that chuckie knows you had enough energy to blog and profess your hate for him, next one will be worse. LOL. Good work!!