Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 11

Heya,

The last couple weeks have been pretty good. It's funny cause last week I ran almost exclusively outside, this week so far has been a treadmill week. This year I'm in the gym for the cold days. Last week got about 41 miles in, it's super easy to get the mileage up when you're running every day, eh fellow runners? 15 mile long run on the treadmill on sunday. Probably no run with Curtis this week as he finally got sick, poor Curtis that really sucks. Last I heard though he's kept up with the runs(no pun intended I hope). If I get really sick at any point I don't think I could do it. This week hopefully 18 mile long run? Maybe outside this time?

As you saw I'm doing the death race this year. Man truth be told I'm so incredibly scared, I admitted in a earlier blog that I was afraid of the marathon and I still am! But then I go and enter a marathon almost 3x longer, what was I thinking?!?!? But part of me is also extremely satsified, finally I'm going to see what I'm really made of. I've always wanted to run through the night, to actually get to that point where I don't know if I can go on. I'm probably going to go coachless this year. I have lots of ideas as to how to train for this event. Most of it will be in the city, not ideal I know, but it's what I got to work with. I'm already starting on some extra strengthening/stretching. My back, abs, upper body in general will need some work.

As for my other races, I finally entered the Calgary marathon. It's the first time doing this race, that's funny I'm not afraid. Well that's not because anything's changed, it's just that I won't be exactly "racing" it. It'll be a training day who knows maybe I'll run to and from the race? I wanted to do the Police half too, but it's earlier this year and Lisa has somthing special planned since it's just a few days after my bday. I'm gonna try to do the Frozen ass next month, then do the marathon, and I want to do one of the training camps in Grand Cache. I hear these camps are hugely beneficial, so I want to get over there for the first one in June. That way I have a bunch of time to get back here and train my weaknesses.

Here are some fun "run challege" statistics

11 days run
5 days on the tready
6 days outside
71.82 miles
Time - too lazy to tally up
Average speed - slightly faster than 7.5 mph or 8 min per mile
Average distance per day - 6.5 miles

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow,that is alot of running.I am consistant but waaayyyyy lower on the mileage.Which is ok,just trying to follow the plan.Cam.

runningman said...

lol yeah we are on dif. time tables which is why our mileage is so different. Stick to the consistency, don't let someone else's mileage sway yours.

Leslie said...

Hey Darryl,

There are some trails in the city you can do, it will be shorter runs but thats okay. There is also Sibbald creek area which is close to the city to get some trails in :)

Anonymous said...

D,I like thex/c ski swap for a run idea!