Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Running outdoors again

Heya,

Finally got to run outdoors yesterday. It's been 10 days in a row on the treadmill, that must be some kind of record for me. I just did a short 3.65 miles and after I could feel the effects. I started to feel sick and had to lay down after the shower. I guess I'm not used to the cold air anymore, plus being a bit under-dressed didn't help. Some of my shirts are literally wearing through. I am the king of thrifty as some of the under shirts have been with me since the beginning of time. I will have to take a picture so you can see, there are several that are over 10 years, maybe even 15 years old!! The one long sleeve I have I remember buying before my first marathon which was in 1995, yup 15 years ago. Anyways the forecast looks like some warmer weather so it looks like I should be able to run outside more frequently. I'm sure the deer, coyotes, porky pines, etc all miss me a lot!! Today will be 19 runs in a row, too bad Trevor had to bail out. Although he's smart in doing that, health always trumps challenges. Over and out...

4 comments:

Lisa Ulrich said...

Good to be thrifty! I have favorite shirts like that too, and finally this year bought a nice pair of running tights after having only one other good pair the past couple years.

Anonymous said...

I have so much old worn out gear. I was just looking for some new closeout gear online.I need to upgrade some bike shorts for sure this year!!!
Good to see you are running outside.It was warming up here today too!Cam.

Trevor Oseen said...

Do you have any tank tops with spaghetti stains down the front? Sorry, I digressed.

Dubai Marathon went "okay" but should/would/could... you know the rest.

Back is better and am teeing up how/when I will restart my personal running challenge. With hectic travel schedule from Feb 2/15 it may get delayed.

i am Susan said...

Next time I see you I am going to buy you new clothes...lol....you are too funny Thrifty Man. Well it looks like there is now 3 of us left in the challenge. Keep it going? When do you have to start training for the BIG race in August?