Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Run to the hills!!

Just a quick update. This time I mean it, short and to the point. The challenge is still going with me. This weekend was tough as we went to LL for the weekend(the ice carving festival). They were amazing, I was blown away. I got some pics, I may post some later. We left saturday morning so I quickly got a 20min run in before we left. That was my first 20min run of the challenge. Then when we got home Sunday late, I relaxed a bit and went to the gym for a 50min walk/run. Most of it was done before midnight, at least 20 min of it. To answer your question Susan I'm already training specifically for my race. I'm not doing the marathon schedule that I posted awhile ago. I'm running/walking really steep hills near my house and also some walking on the tready at 15%. This will help strengthen my calves as that's always been my weak point and this race will be all about hills. Hills hills hillssss. :) Later,

DP

No comments: