Monday, February 7, 2011

37 days and counting

Hey,

I had a crappy/good weekend of running. Crappy because on saturday morning when it was time to get up for the long run, I just couldn't. My stomach was bugging me a bit, but more than that I just had no motivation at all. So I bailed on Curtis, sorry buddy. :( I still got in a 5 mile run that night, it actually felt really good. I just am not a morning workout person. No matter how much I try, I can do it, but I can never get to the point where I actually enjoy getting up for it. Give me a evening anyday, it doesn't matter how late it is. I can do workouts till 2am if I need to. Anyways, I felt good sunday too so I decided to do a solid tempo run. I'm still over weight, but despite that I'm feeling pretty quick. I did a mile warmup then went right into a 5 mile tempo @ 9 mph or 6:40 pace per mile. It was tough, but got through it no problem. I did one more mile cool down for a 7 mile run. That makes it 37 days run this year. overandout,

DP

3 comments:

Keith said...

I'm just the opposite. I love getting up and getting at a workout. Mostly it's a swim, to the point where swimming in the evening means I won't sleep. If it's bike or run, my choice is to get up and go a little while after eating breakfast. The best time is after cold and before hot, but I'm not picky. "cold" and "hot" are, of course, seasonally adjusted values.

Anonymous said...

D,I would love to come in for a couple of long runs before Calgary marathon!

Julie said...

I'm like Keith -- I am DEFINITELY a morning person. 8:00pm is my bedtime -- for every minute the clock ticks over 8:00pm, I get crankier, and more tired, and will even start sneezing when I stay up to late. Weird eh? :)