Saturday, February 26, 2011

brrrrrrrrrrr

Hey,

I had a good outdoor run yesterday. I had a 10 miler to do and it was -12, -20 with windchill which I didn't see till later. I might not have run outside if I had seen that. But it had been awhile since I'd run outdoors so I was eager to do so. I can't loose the outdoor feel. So I headed outside towards carburn park and the river. The path there is mostly scraped so I'd have less problems with snow/ice. I alternated running around the pond, then running out to glenmore trail and back(Curtis the same type of thing we did last winter for those Chuckie tempos). On the third loop/outanback I just had to go a bit further out to make it the 10 miles. The pace was pretty good, I didn't go hard or anything, but the pace wasn't exactly easy, I guess moderate. I tried slowing down at times, but I right away sped up again like I was on cruise control. Felt really good, the average was only about 18 secs per mile slower than my goal marathon pace. So things seem to be going well. I doubt I would have been able to do 26.2 miles at that pace yesterday, but I have time yet. Progress is the name of the game. Tomorrow is the long run, 20 miles on the schedule. I wonder if I should attempt to do it outdoors, or just hit up the treadmill. 57 runs in a row now(58 if counting Dec 31st) Cheers,

DP

No comments: