Wednesday, February 2, 2011

More hills and more treadmill

Hey,

Had a pretty good run yesterday on the treadmill. I could really have run outside, but I really wanted to do some steep hills and there is no better place to get the precise grade and length of hill like the treadmill. Another plus is you don't have to run down inbetween, you can keep going up and up and up as long as you want, crazy phenom eh? lol

My workout:

15 min Warmup

3 x 5min Walk @ 15% grade 3.5 mph, the last 4mph
Active rest between sets 5 min @ 0% grade, 7.5 mph
Just over 4 miles in 42 min

Simple as that, wasn't really that hard of a work out(the last one at 4mph was hard though) and short. I really need to be careful how hard I work my calves. They pull really easy so I'm thinking I need to gradually get them used to the steep uphills. That is why I did the shorter workout and not too intense. That and I didn't have much more time than that. Don't worry, when I'm ready I'll be doing some epic hilly training runs. Right now it's baby steps. The way I look at it is I have to train now, to prepare myself for the hard training later. My current training will prevent injuries and burnout later. Running challenge going well, feeling good after 32 days(well 33 technically) running.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Of course you are feeling good -- you are The Runningman, after all!! :) :)