Thursday, February 17, 2011

Back to the tready

So it's back to the treadmill for me. Tuesday I had some fast stuff to do and since I didn't really fall on my ass, I went to the gym to do it. I'm working my way into the pfitzinger schedule I posted awhile ago. It's a touch more mileage, and since I started a bit late I'm working my way into it, still trimming a bit of miles. He had 9 miles with 10xstrides. That didn't seem too bad and it turned out fun cause the strides really breaks up a run and the time seems to fly by. I cut it down to a hour run which gave me like 7.6 miles. For each stride I'd slowly crank it up to 10.5 mph for a count of ten, then slowly bring it down to my regular 7.5 mph. It was perfect, Chuckie had me doing a bunch of these last year. He called them analactic sprints I think? His theory was that they worked on your form, stride, but were too short to really create any lactic acid in the muscles. So they could be done on a easy/recovery type of run. Yesterday I did a med. length run on the tready. 1.5 hours or 11.5 miles. Did the first hour at 7.5 mph and the last 30 min at 7.8mph. Felt ok, not too hard.

DP

No comments: