Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Quick update

The running is going really well. I've slowly built up into Pfitzinger's marathon plan and aside from the fact that he has monday as a offday of running I'm following it almost exclusvively. I just run like 25 min on that day and then take a mile off of three days of running and I'm set. I'm up near 60 miles a week, this week I should probably be just over. The long run is just over 17 miles. Not too much speed work yet as it's a endurance cycle that I'm in now which basically means it builds up the mileage. Once the mileage is up then more speed work gets added. For now I do one day a week of either accelerations, or a short tempo. This week I did 4 miles yesterday at 15-20k race pace in the middle of a 8 miler. That's pretty much it for now. Oh yeah, I'm over the hump 50 some days in a row now and still going. I have an average of 6.4 miles per day. Not sure if I'll keep going, as I get up over 60 miles a week I really need the recovery more and more and a day off would help more than even a really easy short one. Dunno yet what I'll do, for now I'm just monitoring how I feel, so far all systems check, no aches or pains at all.

DP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow,huge running volume!!! You sound like you are getting in great shape!