Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pond loops

Had a really good run yesterday. My legs are slowly remembering how to run fast. The first intervals I did this year really felt like I had to force the pace ya know? Like my legs didn't even know how and I had to stay on the gas despite the brakes rubbing on my wheels. Kinda like that. Yesterday was different. The moment I started the 6x1k workout I just seemed to flow, it was still hard, I ran as hard as I could for the workout, but I didn't have to force it. My body just felt like it was flowing along and I only had to apply the gas for the small rise in the pond loop, or when my mind started to wonder. The pace naturally occured with no thoughts of stopping the workout. The first one was a bit slower, then the rest were all descending by like 2 seconds every time. So the pace was really consistent. The rest was 90 secs or somtimes close to 100 secs because I just made the recovery the time it took me to jog to the start of the pond loop(the loop is 1200m, so I would do 1000 then jog the last 200m to the start line).

DP

2 comments:

Lisa Ulrich said...

Great run! You are going to be so ready for that marathon! Are you doing any IM's or half's this year?

Anonymous said...

One thing is guaranteed, it will be painful on May 29th. The marathon always hurts.But $80 would make it hurt a bit less!!! Lol