Tuesday, April 26, 2011

We have a winner!! (winner chicken dinner)

January 1st a bunch of friends started a running challenge. The challenge was to run 100+ days consecutive. The previous record held by Susan Oseen(correct me if I'm wrong) who went over 200 days a couple years ago. Not so much about the competition, other than bragging rights it's more about encouraging us to get out the door and put the miles/base in. Anyways we have a winner, Curtis was the only one to actually make the 100 days. I think he went 112 days and I was lucky to join him for his last run without a day off in 2011. Here's a picture of his winnings, a Americano, so fitting eh Cam?? Despite not winning, the challenge definately provided motivation. Anyways I thought I should mention it, Curtis didn't want me to brag too much, but I had to at least mention it.

We've kept up the training here in Calgary. We got together on sunday to hit the track for a longer marathon paced run. I think I went a bit too hard as today I still felt flat from it, that and the poop fairy not allowing me to do well with the 600s today. I think we have 2 more hard weeks eh guys? And then it's taper time?? I'm already feeling the pressure/race nerves. I'm not so confident with the marathon, and this Calgary course, it's not a easy race is it? Comeon guys give me some positive feedback, is it really that bad? Just lie to me if it is, I need a pep talk. lol

No comments: