Sunday, April 17, 2011

three days of...

REST AND RELAXATION!!! That's what the doctor ordered. Ok no doctor, but it was self administered after my knee decided to act up on friday at work. I have no clue why, well I do really. It's the running obviously, but I didn't feel any warning of any kind. But I won't eff around with injuries as I've said before so I took three days off. It feels much better now, tomorrow I'll try it out.

Last week I knew I was kinda pushing things by continuing to run with these old pair of shoes I have. So I actually had already decided that on friday I'd finally go out and get a much needed new pair. Funny that my knee couldn't wait 1 friggen day. Oh well it just so happened that Lisa had booked a night at the Banff springs hotel this weekend she kept me busy(not that kinda busy you sickos.... ok maybe some of that too) enough out there to not think too much about the knee.

We took in the hotel tour as soon as we got there yesterday. The guy who gave the tour had been there forever and was amazing, I've never had a tour from a guide who knew half as much as this guy. He'd seen and given tours to pretty much every celebrity, politician, and sports/movie stars ever. Man could this guy talk, and we even got to hear about the famous "Doomed bride". She was walking on a stair case when her dress caught on fire by some candles along the railing. In her panic she fell down the stairs and broke her neck. Apparently lots of people see her with her fiery bridal gown. Then today we went and got a massage at the spa. That was really good, the therapist I got was really good and we got to hang out in their mineral pools and multiple hot tubs(all set to different temperatures) and of course one of them outside. My knee got pampered like you wouldn't believe, ha ha. If that doesn't heal it, nothing will. Cross your fingers for me tomorrow.

Cheers,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a really fun weekend!sometimes a few days off really helps ya out. Hopefully your knee comes around & you are back at it ASAP!