Friday, June 15, 2007

Bib #555

It's official now, I have a number!!! Easy to remember eh? They have a roll call on slowtwitch and I posted it there. Hopefully I'll get some strangers cheering me on by name, I know that'd lift my spirits in a tough moment. Ok we have just over a week, 9 days till race day. There's a bunch of things I need to do yet. I still haven't figured out the health insurance. I know I have coverage through work, but I don't have the card anymore. I guess if I just have the plan number and my ID that would be all I need really. Oh and the numbers to call.

As for training, I'm not really planning much. It's day to day so I basically do what I feel like which isn't much since I'm quite happy to taper. I didn't do a huge amount of training, but for me it still feels like I need a break mentally almost more then physically. I didn't get much riding in this week, as usual (haven't had many good weeks of riding) but I think I should be ok for a 2 hour ride. As long as I go easy enough. I'll just go one gear below what I could comfortably do and spin it out. I might go out one last time with Curtis, for a easy 10k run. We'll do maybe 3-4 work outs in CDA. Not sure to really call them work outs, more like staying loose and keep from going insane and ripping my hotel apart cause I'm so nervous needing to burn some energy sessions. Not sure what else to say so I"ll stop here.

1 comment:

Gord Penner said...

I missed the Manitoba Marathon for the first time in 7 years cuz I went fishing up north with my sons. But, as I fished, I was counting down days til your big race, wishing I could make the trip down to cheer you on. I can't, but be rest assured I'll be cheering for you from here, and will be waiting to hear your times, and see the pics of your smiling face as you RUN across the finish line. Maybe you wanna post the link to the race website so all your fans can check for updates (or we can wait for the video feed during TSN's sportscenter in the evening) Go, Darryl, Go!!