Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Last day of work

Hey,

Crazy to think that I signed up this thing they call Ironman and now it's almost upon me. I've been waiting and looking foward to it for so long and now that it's almost here I wish I had more time. lol Oh well things will work out somehow. I'm confident in the training I did, I just have to go out and do it. I'm at work for the last time, tomorrow I start the drive to Coeur d' Alene.

I weighed myself the other day and it seems I've lost another couple pounds. I weighed in at 162 pnds. Probably 2 years ago I was over 200 pounds so that's nearly 40 pounds lost. WOW!! If I think of where I've come over the last 1-2 years I am humbled. Not just the weight but the fitness, it feels sooo good to be fit. I guess Ironman has given me the opportunity to reach a level that I never thought was possible. I am very blessed to be able to say that I am ready. What ever race day throws at me it can't take that away from me.

"Pain is Temporary, Pride is Forever"
I almost forgot, some wanted the address to check out the race and results. Here it is;
Either one of these will follow the race and you should be able to get some kind of live results. IE. post the swim results maybe a couple hours after, and the bike splits a couple hours after, etc.
Cheers

1 comment:

Gord Penner said...

Congrats, Darryl! 11:28:09 is very impressive. And you moved up positions through each stage. I watched your progress throughout the day, and connected with the rest of your family to keep each other posted. I hope you could hear the cheering section out in Manitoba rooting for you!
Way to Go!