Monday, June 11, 2007

PAINNNN

Hey,

It's getting closer to the big day. I'm just tryin to get everything in order, it's the time to rest and heal up. I'm taking the training easier but I thought to help heal my aching muscles (yes I have some aches from the miles) I thought I'd get some massage. Maybe two sessions giving me a full week to recover from that before race day. Today was my first session and I gotta say WOW did I ever hurt!!!!! I knew it would be painful, but I was still surprised at how much knots there were in my gluts, hams, and calves. She gave me some extra time, making it almost an hour and that's all she pretty much had time for. I don't scream or swear (she gave me permission to swear) but I certainly pulled back more then once, forcing her to stop even though she said, "I can't go any lighter, I'm not even putting any pressure on it". Some of the knots were so bad she hardly had to press at all and I was freaking. Sooo anyways I'm a big old school boy with the thinking that "no pain no gain" so I figure it'll help a lot. She right away extended it to 3 sessions and she thought by the third she could get most of the knots out of my legs. My hams have been bugging me lately, even when I'm not working out, they ache just from sitting in a chair so I hope this will help me recover and help me perform the way I want to come race day. So ya Conclusion: If you want to feel pain go for a massage after a ironman build, one word describes it..... PAIN!!!!!

No comments: