Friday, November 30, 2007

Good tready workout

A couple days ago I did a pretty good work out. It feels good to do some speed work. I know I know for Ironman I shouldn't be doing too much of that, especially this time of year. However, I do want to run a good spring half marathon, and maybe try to do a good fall marathon. Soooo I do need to get some speed. The work out was as follows;

1 mile warmup, 6 x (800 hard, 800 easy); I did the half mile easy parts at 7 mph or 8:30 min per mile. The hard parts I did at 9.2 mph,9.2,9.4,9.4,9.6,9.6. I'm curious if I could do mile intervals at 10 mph with a walking rest between.

It wasn't that hard and actually felt good to run the 9.6 mph. So I am getting some speed back, slowly. Treadmill running is a little different, but in a way it is nice as you can set your speed and grade to what ever you want. I also did a bit of a hill work out this week. Hill work outs are great on a treadmill since you can make any type of hill you want.

No comments: