Thursday, November 1, 2007

Guess Who #4

Here's an inspirational story and I think a prime candidate for our 4th guess who picture. It's not too tough, but the time may throw you off a bit. Here's his quote that gives me new found respect for this guy. His actual time was 11 hours 13 minutes since he's a Pro. He ran/walked the marathon in 5:32.

“A lot of people in and America, they might never qualify for Hawaii,” he said. “Out of respect to them, they’d love to do Ironman Hawaii in 11 hours. A lady I stayed with at (Ironman) Arizona, I know she would love to do Hawaii once, but she might never qualify. I don’t think it’s very respectful of those people to just quit when it’s not going your way.”

PS: notice I bleeped out his country so it wouldn't be too too obvious. :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

RUTGER BEKE!!!!Hey I have to be doing well,except for the pic with your bud from Manitoba?
The picture is a cool reality check.Rutger looks done & the guy behind him is on cloud 9.Usually the way ironman seems to go one way or the other.
Good luck on the junk food chall.hey i forgot to tell ya to up your protien too.Maybe canned tuna or cottage cheese for lunches?Try it.Have a good week,cam.