Tuesday, November 27, 2007

You know it's a small world when...

Yo,

There was this older chap that runs at the gym. He always looked kind of familiar but I had no clue where it was from. It could have been from a race here or just my imagination so I just brushed it off. I could tell he was a runner and being a runner myself I'm always curious what the story is. Is he competitive, does he do marathons, half marathons, run for fitness? lol I noticed he's competitive because when ever I'm on the machine beside him I notice he looks over at my speed/grade/etc. I can't say I never do, cause it's hard to tell how fast people are going, but w/e. Back to the story, so the one time we started talking and I found out he was from Manitoba. He started then talking about all the races back home and it turns out I'd done most of those. I mentioned I had trained a bit at the UofM, he then told me that he'd run with a running club called "road kill". Then it clicked, I've been in alberta for nearly 8 years but I knew him from back home(where I grew up and started running). This running club that he ran with was my running club then too, but we checked the dates and he had been injured for a lot of the time I ran with them. Which explained why I didn't know him that well. He talked of the coach, which I'd actually lived with for nearly 2 years. Anyways it's good to meet new people, but it's also good to meet old friends and friends of friends and to remember old times, .... fast times. lol Cheers,

PS: Congratz to Susan and Trevor Oseen on finishing the Seattle marathon!!

1 comment:

i am Susan said...

Hey...thanks!!

The thing that happens to me the most is that people will recognize me and come up to me, but I'll have no idea who they are or where I know them from. However, since they seem to know me so well I just go along with it and pretend I know them...funny...

How's the junk food challenge going? I should start that as being 10 lbs lighter for the next race would be quite beneficial.