Tuesday, November 27, 2007

junk food update

Hey,

Figured I'd update people as someone asked me today how it's going. the challenge is still in tact, although somtimes I feel like I cheat too much. Like I'm sticking to my rules set out, I kept telling myself that it's not a diet. All I'm doing is taking out my worst nemesises(spelling?). However, I've eaten deserts, eaten too much peanuts that make my stomach turn. I have the weakness that I'll buy certain foods and not be able to just have a hand full, I'll eat the whole bag, or close to it. I want to try to minimize my food intake late in the evening, but I'm not always successful there either. So ya, no pop/fast food/chips/chocolate but I've kinda been slacking, I need to regroup and get back on the fruit for snacks and eat bigger breakfast/lunch then back it off later in the day. I'm not really loosing any weight, I guess secretly I was hoping I'd be able to shed some of that now already. Oh well at least I've stopped gaining, I always gain in the off season and I was easily able to shed it off the moment I hit the roads in spring/summer. Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

Darryl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep the faith D,Just take one step at a time.remeber that it is OK to have a treat.Keep lots of fruit & veggies around & eat lots.You will never feel full on this alone.So keep some tuna or cottage chees around to fill you up.Easy on the bread & pasta.
You already have the right ideas,be patient,as Christmas is probably the hardest time to do this challenge!!!Later,Cam.

CurtisV said...

Great advice Cam! Aquaman swears by his dry cottage cheese, yogurt, almond and banana morning snack. Christmas is the time to let loose a bit and enjoy family, food, etc. If you are too strict on yourself you may end up grumpy going into the new year. Surround yourself with as much healthy food as possible...don't keep junkfood like chips and pop around. V8 is an easy way to get some veggies in. Try some new stuff as well. For example, red peppers are loaded with Vitamin C and taste great. And lastly, don't forget your swim with your old buddy aquaman on Sunday!

Later,
Aquaman