Monday, November 19, 2007

Great Swim

Hey,

Curtis and I did a 1500m time trial this weekend at the pool. It went superrrrrr well I'm quite happy with the result as I swam quite a bit faster then I'd ever done in a pool. 25:49, Curtis was aprox. 30:30. I guess the triathlon club is paying off although it is quite frustrating at times. We were talking about it after and both agree that the ups and downs of swimming seem to be bigger then in running and cycling. Maybe it's more mental, one day you feel really fast, other days you feel like a rock. Anyways I think I'll sign up for the next tri course as this keeps me going to the pool and gives me great work outs. This was our first real test and it was really encouraging for both of us. I rode my trainer also for the first time this weekend. I'd ridden at the gym a few times on the exercise bike but this was my first trainer ride. Only 30 minutes, that's when it usually gets tough for me. I'll try to get a bunch of those in this week, maybe I can build it up to an hour by the end of the month. Gotta keep telling myself "baby steps" it doesn't have to happen over night. Cheers,

Darryl

No comments: