Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Be All You Can Be


Hey,
No I am not joining the army, it was kind of a challenge at work. A co-worker and I dared each other to shave our heads. I went first and he followed suit. It's super comfortable for training.

Well if you're wondering what the timer is for on the side of my blog it is this new challenge that I want to do. My diet is goes up and down, sometimes it's ok, somtimes it's terrible. I tryed this challenge last year where I tryed to go a whole month with out eating fast food. This may not seem that difficult for you, but for me this is a huge challenge. If you remember, I didn't quite make it, I think it was like 28 days with out fast food. This included pop, burgers, fries. That's it, however even though I failed it did promote good eating and even though I failed a lost a bunch of weight through it. I also felt better while training through it. This year I want to up the anti. I'm gonna include more things on the list and double the time. Two whole months of not eating the foods that I'll list below. I know those of you that read this will hold me accountable. Here is the list;

- Pop
- Burgers
- French Fries
- Chocolate (new for this year)
- Chips (last year this was my saving grace and would help the cravings, not this year I'll have to find somthing else)
- ice cream
- Candy (this also helped me get through last year when I had the sugar cravings)
- and anything deep fried

There is the list. This will be really tough, especially starting as lately I've been drinking pop nearly every day. Oh well I've had it on my mind for awhile now. Time to put it into action. Anyone who wants to join in the challenge or make up your own, feel free to post me on your own challenge.

Cheers

PS: Hopefully the timer starts ok since I put a futre date on it, and I hope Susan doesn't mind as I stole that idea from her blog.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

definatly a good challenge,I am kinda on this already,BUT just not too strict as i am in the off season.& I was pretty strict last year.
try not to go cold turkey.Give yourself a treat once a week or when you crack.
If ya want to lose weight go on the low carb diet.I like to call it the modified carb diet,as we are still burning carbs when training.try to cut out white bread,potatoes,pasta,pop,sugary sweets(basically high carb items)then replace these with friut & veggies & try to drink water or tea instead of pop.
fOR WINTER TRAINING try to up your good fats with olive oil & avocados & nuts.You should be going slower & burning more fats in your base training phase,so you will need to replace them.
OR JUST IGNORE ALL OF THIS & TALK TO CURTIS!!!!
Oh Yeah what about Halloween candy???Does this challenge start on NOV1st????

runningman said...

hmmm thanks for the tips, and ya it might work for you, but I gotta go cold turkey. It's the only way I can keep to it. If I even allow one, I'm compromising and I'll keep compromising till I'm back on a binge. lol Anyways, start when ever you feel like it, make your rules, w/e just post it so you're held accountable and we can ask how it's going.

Trevor Oseen said...

I would not last a moment. I have all ready blown it today with 3 donuts and 5 Halloween candies.

Good luck and can't wait to see your results!

T

i am Susan said...

Good luck with that challenge. I am not sure if I'd be able to stick to that (especially with the halloween treats from the kiddies in the house). I see your challenge takes you through Christmas Time and there wiil be lots of chocolate then (my weekness)...wow...you are a brave man!!!

Leslie said...

good idea, if you need any help with ideas to help curb cravings, or healthy alternatives for the foods you love let me know. I am a nutrition consultant...this is what I do!