Friday, October 12, 2007

Good work out yesterday

Hey,

Here's the actual work out post. Yesterday Curtis and I had a awsome end to our work outs. It started out a lil rough in the pool. I was late and the coach(I forget his name) decided to try to crush us since I think we kinda deflated his ego by finishing his previous work out. It was a longer work out and I was also late and having some stomach problems so it started out rough for me. I think Curtis was a bit flat too so we didn't quite finish. The swim ends at 9:30 and we swim a bit more after and end up outside at around 10PM for our run. We had wanted to do two loops(it's about 4 miles per loop with one big hill) but my stomach was starting to bug me. By the end of the first lap I was sure I'd stop since I felt like puking. We had slowed down quite a bit for me. It was such a nice night I wanted to keep going, so we kept running a little further with the thinking that we'd turn around the moment I felt worse. Well it started to go away so we kept running. The turning around point came and went, so we were definatly doing the full lap. My stomach started to calm down and we started to pick up the pace. By the middle of the lap and the top of the big hill we really started to pick it up and the pace just kept going up and up right till the end(it's down hill at the end) which we were going quite fast. We both felt great by the end and conclude that somtimes you just gotta let it go. We weren't going all out, but quite fast. Neither of us had a fast run in the schedule we just felt like finishing fast. We still have a long ways to go, but this was a good indicator of a good start. Later, time to do some work,

Darryl

No comments: