Thursday, October 4, 2007

AquaMan sighting


























Hey,


I actually got a glimpse of AquaMan in training. He was seen here wearing a brand new DeSoto wetsuit. He looks quite comfortable not having to support his own weight wearing that thing.

Seriously it's been a blast training with Curtis the last couple weeks in the pool and some short runs before and after the tues/thurs swims. We have now started doing a 32 min. loop that starts at the YMCA that we swim at. I'm quite pumped about the early start to the swimming and am confident we will both be rockin by the time summer hits. Curtis especially has noticed some improvment and is more and more relaxed in the water. I/we are swimming 2-3 times a week. The pics above are taken on saturday when we went and swam on our own at the Y. I'm also running almost every day and dong weights even 2-3 times a week. This is new for me, I figure the weights will get my back in better shape and help me on the bike and swim. I'll try to do it through out winter then drop it as the spring/summer riding takes over. I hope to be able to afford a bike by then, but we'll see.

Good luck to Cam this coming weekend, I wish him the best as he goes to Kelowna and runs the marathon there. He's confident about his fitness and I'm sure his run will show it. Lay the smack down Cam!!! (I hope it's ok if I steal that line from Matt). I'll write more often as there is more to talk about, cheers,


Darryl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi D,Thanks for the race plan!!!I mean it,I thought that it was good advice.
Like the swimmin photos,Dont go crazy training all winter though,just plan on getting stronger!
I will try to lay the smack down this weekend.I'll call ya sometime next week.Keep up the blog.Cam.