Wednesday, October 10, 2007

inspirational verses

1 Corinthians 9:24
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

Hebrews 12:1
[ God Disciplines His Sons ] Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

2 Timothy 4:7
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

Some inspirational quotes from the Bible. I know not all of you are that religous, heck I don't classify myself as religous, but I grew up in a Christian home and these verses have helped me in the past. I used to know of a lot more then this. From reading Paul's letters I was convinced he was a distance runner by how many times he compared running to life. Anyone can see the comparison between life and running a race. Sometimes life tosses me a tough time, or struggle and I remember seeing mile 20 of a marathon. 6 miles can seem so short and yet sooooooo long when you're hurting. But in the end if you persevere, take it one mile at a time(one day at a time) we can make it through. Life can be 10 times harder then any race, the next time you feel like quitting remember mile 20 of a marathon. You just have to keep going, you'll see easier times and you'll get to the finish, and it'll be that much sweeter when you do cross the line. Cheers,

Darryl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the last verse.Good to see on your blog,Hope all is going well for you!I wish i was swimmin with you guys too!!!!later,C.