Wednesday, November 10, 2010

JUST DANCE!!

As what's her face would say, ummm Lady Gaga?  Anyways if you are reading this and you know me pretty well you'll be surprised by my latest adventure.  I took on dance classes with Lisa(my wife).  I think I managed to weasel my way out of it 2-3 times.  The first excuse was Ironman, then the second I think it was just time, money, and I found a substitute for dance classes(it was to be somthing we could do together) so we joined a yoga class.  We did a few sessions, then Lisa noticed the bill boards coming into our community of Riverbend.  They mentioned the dance classes so close to us, at the community centre.  She checked, lol before she would mention it to me again.  I think she figured she needed somthing more convincing then just "it's close by, right in our community!!". And she found out that they only costed 50 bucks per couple for 4 sessions.  It's friday evenings and for that cost???  I couldn't hold out any longer.  hee hee we had the first one last friday.  It was ok, I enjoyed it, but it was frustrating too.  Like I suspected I'm very uncoordinated and don't really have a sense of beat or rhythm.  At one point our instructor(after having worked with Lisa and myself) told the class that the lady, "Has to follow the man, into rhythm hell!!!".  LOL could he have been talking about me???  hee hee oh well I had fun, and it was good exercise.  Another funny thing he mentioned, was that the man always starts with the left foot, the woman, "Well she's always right"  ha ha.  touche.  Wish me luck for friday, hopefully I'll get the hang of this jive thing.  The foxtrot wasn't so bad though, over and out.

DP

1 comment:

Julie said...

You can get Keith to give you some pointers -- now that dude has taken classes and knows how to dance!!!

The classes sound like a blast!! :)