Monday, November 1, 2010

Let it snow!!!!



Heya!

Like my new skis?  I think I already mentioned I'm taking on some new hobbies/sports and Xcountry sking will be one of them!  Let it snow snow snow ha ha ha.  I'm usually the opposite, dreading winter, because it usually means indoor riding.  Not this year, I'll be outside, enjoying the white stuff.  Course with my luck I bet we'll get a late winter/early spring.  Oh well I'm still running now so I'll embrace either. 

Speaking of running, it's been going pretty good.  I'm slowly chipping away on the gained weight.  I'm down 5 pounds, gotta remember to be patient.  The running is improving, I did my first harder workout yesterday.  It didn't go super, I planned on doing a fartlek run in one mile increments.  I started off with a easy mile, then a hard one(maybe a touch fast), easy one, then I tried a second hard one and just couldn't hold the pace.  So I stopped for 20 seconds and jogged it in.  I was bagged for the rest of the day, but felt super.  Man it feels good to letter rip again!

Today I went out and ran 6.5 miles, I started out at about 8 min miles and moved it down till almost 7 min pace.  As I was comin in with about 1.5 miles to go another runner pulls onto the path just ahead of me.  He's just going a tad slower than I so I pick it up a bit to run with him.  I start running behind him and he notices me and tries to pull ahead of me a bit.  I wasn't intending on racing him or anything just run a bit of tempo with a "friend" ya know.  I never get to run with anyone anymore so I thought I'd chat with him, but I wasn't too close.  So before I could get a word out, he pulls aside abruptly and stops dead.  Waves me through, I said something like, "oh no worries" like don't worry about it, you're not in my way I mean to run with you.  He says "NO PLEASE!", I shrug and run on.  I guess he didn't like that I caught up with him.  Jeez people need to lighten up.  He acted like I was drafting him on the bike.  lol

DP

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would run or ski with you anytime!

Heather said...

Nice skis....are they waxless? There are so many great trails out here to enjoy....you will put some great miles on them Enjoy!

runningman said...

I know you would Cam, lol. Heather, no they're waxable classic. Actually I looked at your blog pic again, they kinda look the same as yours. Yeah I hope I can head out there a bunch this year. I hear Canmore has snow already on the trails, or at least they did like 2 weeks ago?

Anonymous said...

Wow this is a great resource.. I’m enjoying it.. good article

Anonymous said...

ReannaIllitte
[url=http://healthplusrx.com/benefits-of-red-clover]benefits of red clover[/url]
BemOccams