Sunday, March 20, 2011

Gotter done, thanks to Cam

Had the long run to do today. I was debating since I woke up in the morning, do I run indoors on the tready, or head out the door and risk the ice,water,and possibly snow? The forecast was for snow, but it wasn't happening yet. Wednesday's run was a disaster cause of all the ice and water, plus not taking any nutrition or water to drink. Sooooo I gotta admit I was leaning towards hittin the treadmill. I really thought I should get it done outside, but I also didn't want to risk not getting the 20 miles done.

Then what happens, I get this text. It's a image, and Cam's face. Although I couldn't see it cause of all the white and blue sky in the back ground. He took a pic and sent it from the trail and at 2:20 of his long run. I guess he takes his iphone along in case he meets any bears. hee hee oh well it was just the kick in the ass I needed. I figured he's running outside, I'm gonna hit up the great outdoors too!! So I did just that.

To avoid the big crash I had on wednesday with Curtis I took two bottles of nutrition. One with nuun, and the other with infinit, plus some gel chews just in case. It was really annoying going off with two full bottles. One bottle I found is fine because you can swing the other arm more, but two bottles is a little annoying. But they did empty after awhile. There was a lot less ice than wednesday, I guess the temp was a little warmer. Still had a few rivers to cross, soaked my socks a few times. I had a weak moment, probably from 9-12 miles I found it tough. The legs were starting to get a bit sore and the fact that I knew I was only half done was a bit disheartening. But then I stopped once for some gel chews and that seemed to help. By the time I hit 15 miles I kinda got a second wind and started picking up the pace a bit. It also really seemed to help when I finally got back on a usual run route and on my way home. Had to do 2 extra loops around the pond near home to make up the extra distance, managed the last few miles in 7:28 - 7:38 pace. Those didn't have any ice or snow. Finished strong just past my house. The average pace was 7:44, man my hamstrings hurt about 20 minutes later in the shower. Thanks Cam, for the motivation to hit the pathway. Sure there's nothing wrong with the treadmill, but for me today it was def. time to run outdoors. Over and out.

DP

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to help ya Out! Training is funny, I felt like trash yesterday & I feel great today...? Weird

CurtisV said...

Great job to both of you. I played hockey then forced out an hour on the tready at about 11pm. I am glad that Thursday night is my last game for a while...groin strain doesn't get any better playing a few times per week and I'm too stubborn to sit out when we are too short players. Keep up the good work.

Later,
C

Julie said...

I hear ya on wanting to be outdoors again! So good that Cam motivated you! YAY!!