Monday, March 28, 2011

Pretty good weekend of training

No outdoor running, and no long long run this weekend, but lots of miles. 34 miles to be exact including fri,sat,sun. Friday I did 12 miles, easy pace, picked it up a bit for the last half hour. Saturday 7 miles easy, then Sunday 15 with 12 miles at marathon pace. It didn't feel too bad, after 2 miles at 7.5 mph I put it up to 8.3 for the 12 miles, that's 7:13 min pace. Felt strong the whole way through, only at the end I had a bit of stomach distress, but felt like I could have kept going. Not 26.2 miles yet, but I'm about to go into a race prep phase so that should take care of it. I hope some of the snow melts as I have my first session of VO2max intervals(600s) on wednesday. I'd like to go to the track for that. 58.5 miles last week, little lower than I wanted to be, but I had changed one of my earlier long runs into a tempo because I had less time to run. I looked at the schedule and really I only have two more 20+ milers on the schedule, lots of 15-18 mile stuff and plenty of marathon paced runs and shorter intervals in this next phase. Fun stuff, only 9 weeks till race day. Oh and I also crossed the 85 consecutive run day mark. Wooo hooooo 15 to go to hit 100.

No comments: