Thursday, March 17, 2011

My legs are tired

Today was rough. Yesterday Curtis and I went out in the evening for a 14 mile run. The path was mostly clear other than a LOT OF ICE!! Yikes I've run on a lot of ice this winter, but that was the worst. We also had these rivers of water/ice/snow crossing the path at various spots and we both got our shoes/socks soaked a few times. Fun fun, freeeeezing cold water. I was looking at my shoe today, the right one, it looked odd. Strangely red??? Had I worn red socks where the color had run or maybe the bits of red from the shoe run onto the white?? I had some sores on my toes from all the running I'd done, but I never thought of checking them for cuts. Anyways after today's 5 miler I took off my right sock and noticed my toes had bled. Yikes my toes must have bled a lot yesterday and I guess all the water washed the excess blood off so I didn't even notice. Strange...

Anyways as I said a easy 5 miler today. It was really hard, my legs were sooo trashed from yesterday. Did I mention all the ice, plus we didn't carry food/water along so I was famished. I'm usually ok for up to 2 hours, yesterday was the exception. It made for a tough recovery. I think for today's 5 miler is the worst my legs have ever felt this year. Crazy, I'll def. be bringing 2 bottles of nutrition along for sunday's 20 miler. Hopefully all the ice will be gone, my hips, groin, and over all core does not like it. Cheers,

DP

PS: Curtis and I saw a porky pine, a monster beaver(like knee high) running beside us, and the usual deer. LOVE IT!!

No comments: