Sunday, March 13, 2011

Long run just wasn't meant to be today

First off it was a busy day. Church in the morning, I volunteer today and I was late getting there(not the time change thing, I actually remembered). Then at 5 a friend had invited me to this fund raiser thing. I thought about canceling, but thought I should go. After all my gym is 24 hours right? In theory my plan was flawless, I even skipped most of the meal at the fund raiser thing so my stomach would not hate me on the run. I had salad!! So I left that early to get to the gym and attempt my 21 miler. But after 10 miles, stomach gas most of the time, 3 bathroom trips. I just couldn't get my stomach to co-operate so I pulled the plug after 10+ miles. Frustrated, but it's the first workout I've quit in a long time, and I have lots of 20+ milers to do. Tomorrow's another day, I will get the run done tomorrow with out any trouble from the Poop fairy. EOM

DP

3 comments:

CurtisV said...

Sorry about the run...I did even less...13k on the tready tonight. I am hoping to get out more with hockey getting closer to being finished. Unfortunately, when we do get out I'll probably slow you down until I can get some more volume in and deal with the few nagging things that are making training a little tougher. I commented on your place your bets post earlier. Stay positive.

Later,
C

Anonymous said...

It happens,everyone misses a long run once in a while. At least you got part of the run in.

Keith said...

Blame the 'mill.