Friday, March 11, 2011

Place your bets!!

Here is another view point of the bet/challenge:

Cam's profiles are good, but I think you have to also look at the age categories as it makes a big difference. We're not directly racing each other. For example:

Darryl 35 - 39 PB - 2:56 4th place if they ran their PB at the Calgary marathon 2010
Trevor 35 - 39 PB - 3:12 8th place if they ran their PB at the Calgary marathon 2010
Cam 40 - 45 PB - 3:07 6th place if they ran their PB at the Calgary marathon 2010
Curtis 45 - 49 - 3:09 2nd place if they ran their PB at the Calgary marathon 2010

Please correct me and don't hate me if I happen to get your age cat. wrong. I will fix it if I have. So looking at the results some extra things have to be noted. Some of the PBs were run a long time ago and not in the age class we're in now. But I thought it was interesting to look at anyways. Also have to look at the course run on. For example, mine was run on a pancake flat course, while Curtis's was run on a very hilly course at the beginning of the season. Cam's race was run on a cold rainy day I think? Trevor, sorry man I don't know where you ran your personal best and what the conditions were like. We're all pretty close though if you look at the age cat. placings. This is the marathon, 26.2 miles, anything can happen. On paper not knowing anything about you guys and trying to look at it from an unbiased view(me not being Darryl) I'd go with Curtis. Just my two cents. Place your bets, or correct me where I'm wrong or somthing I've forgotten about.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is a great view on all of us & the current challenge.It is close between all of us. I dont want to put money on anyone, But I truly believe that Curtis is probably the BEST runner of all of us. Why? Because he ran 3:10 in Boston(tough course) & he trained for that race mainly on the tm!!!

runningman said...

Agreed!! We need some comments from the other two. Comon guys!!

Lisa Ulrich said...

I like the new blog background - hopefully we get some warm weather very soon! Sounds like your running has been going well!

Trevor Oseen said...

I don't train properly so I would remove the money from my name but maybe I will stay that dark horse in the stable....

Anonymous said...

Whatever Trev,Don't sandbag us.I have seen you race & if this little bet helps to up the stakes,then I know you will be a force to be reckoned with! Train Hard.It's anyones race to win.Cam.

CurtisV said...

Sorry for the delay guys...it was hockey week in our household! I had 4 games which killed my with the running streak. I definitely did way less running this week. Kale's team had playoff's which finished today with them becoming City Champs in their division! At this point I'm thinking that I'd be placing my cabbage on D. He has been so focussed and is following his training plan to a tee. I've just been streak running...as Trevor says I haven't been training properly. Sounds to me like Cam and Darryl are the front runners. I am looking forward to my hockey ending at the end of March. Maybe then I can get back in the game as a dark horse too!

Keep going boys,
C