Monday, August 20, 2012

Strange sightings in Carburn park

Hey,

I had a good 11.5 km easy run yesterday towards evening.  My stomach was a little upset and it felt reall humid with dark clouds all around but I felt great otherwise.  My legs are feeling rested, more and moreso every day and I think the massage recovery is starting to kick in.  So I get going onto my run, it was just getting dark, dusk I guess.  The first thing is WOW were the bugs ever bad!!  At times I had them going in my nose, eyes, mouth all at the same time!!  I was running along the river on a single track dirt path snorting, spitting, trying to run with my eyes closed.  Luckely I wasn't going fast, I could for the most part keep my mouth shut and either breathe through my nose or the side of my mouth.  Anyways I had to pick out several flies out of my eyes when I was done and also was coughing as one managed to get near my throat which tickled every time I breathe.  Don't you just hate that??

So the real cause of my post...  I ran through Carburn park on the way home and as I approach the park side I see from a distance someone has a big bond fire going.  As I get closer I see a few teenagers around and did I see correctly, it really looked like someone fell into the fire?!?  As you're running it's hard to focus on things so I assumed I saw wrong, but as I got closer a guy in a big white costume literally jumped into this big fire up to his waste, danced around in the big fire pit and then jumped back out followed by a big cloud of smoke.  I was totally creeped out too at first when I saw his costume I thought kkk(I have no idea why I thought that) he had a white mask on with holes for the eyes.  But then he also had big feathery angel type wings on his back.  He was in the fire for like 10 seconds, while his friends were taking pictures and/or video taping it.  It really creeped me out and kinda pissed me off that they'd be doing that in a public park.  As I kept running around I noticed a family with a young kid watching from across the lake.  I just hope the little boy won't get ideas from this.  I'm guessing this guy in the fire had some kind of special suit on, although his big wings didn't look fire proof.  I hope they knew what they were doing, still kind of a bad place to be doing this.  Would you guys have called the cops?  I didn't know...

The rest of the run was less eventful, the flies got less and less as it got darker.  They're the worst as it's getting darker.  The last 32 km run I went well into the dark and found they completely disappear when the sun is gone.  They just have a window of maybe 1.5 hours where they are really bad.  Too bad that's my favorite time to run.  I was coughing for probably half my run because of the one I swallowed, or got stuck in my throat.  Cheers,

DP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I swallowed a bug on the bike a couple of weeks ago. It was not a good thing!!! Lokking forward to seeing you guys soon!!!Have a safe trip down.Later, Cam.