Monday, May 28, 2007

Bloated and Peeing

Hey,

I thought that would get your attention. Two of the most important things while racing ironman would be nutrition, and pacing. I read somthing in Gordo's blog that really hit home, made me think. I always had problems with nutrition while exercising so it's definatly food for thought for me.

"If I'm bloated and peeing I stop hydrating, if I'm bloated and not peeing I slow down"

Notice he says this in the first person like it's advice he follows as a professional. It basically means that if the nutrition isn't being digested, your body is probably working too hard sending O2 too other muscles and cannnot digest simply because the effort is too high. Time to back off so that the proper nutrition can be obsorbed. It shows how closely related the two are. If one is not done right it'll probably affect the other. I hope that makes sense, it does for me.

No comments: