Wednesday, May 9, 2007

ironman thoughts

Sooooooo very tired. If I'm not dead tired I feel like I'm not doing enough. Today I'm wasted and it's a dilemma, do I take the day off like I should? Or do I push through it and put in some easy hours today. Meh, I'll probably go easy, however the wind is gusting over 50km today. Sounds fun, plus I'm running long tomorrow with Curtis, then the long ride on saturday. All making sure I get enough hours done in the week. I'm training on fear, fear of the heat, fear that I won't have done everything I can do to be ready on race day. I can rest next month, this month is all about miles.

People ask me all the time what my goal times are in the race. I'll avoid the question for a bit and then eventually tell them what my "ideal" times are. However, my main goal is simply to runnnnnnnn the marathon. No matter how fast my swim and bike are it won't matter if I have to walk most of the run. If I am forced to walk I'll feel like I gave up.

No comments: