Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Customer Service / Weekend training

Hey,

Customer Service:
I'm hoping my wetsuit comes in on tuesday and that it fits!! I ordered it from Xterra about a month ago now. They let me know three weeks after I ordered it that they didn't have my size so I had to change from the vengeance to the vortex. The thing that ticked me off was that they waited 3 weeks to tell me. Anyways I complained about it on some forum(slowtwitch) and the president saw it and is sending it out for tuesday. I'm also getting 50% off my next purchase. I kinda feel bad about having to complain. I know I was right to do it, but I don know it's just my personality, I feel bad even if I'm justified.

Training:
The weekend went well considering the weather. We had rain/snow in Calgary the whole weekend pretty much. I managed to squeak my long ride in Saturday. I'm so glad I didn't quit, it was sooooo windy again, 40km+. I do a two out and back course usually and I had the option to quit at 60km, which I sooooo wanted to do. But, I re-fueled and headed out again. I'm glad I did because the wind calmed down and I was able to get very close to 5 hours in. 133km I believe. Here's an example to show you how windy it was. I ride around lake chestermere, around the back side. The waves were so big that some fishing boat had to tie up near shore because they couldn't make it back against the waves. They were sitting sheltered against a dike. I said, "Too windy?". "Just a little bit" was the reply. You had to be there, I got a chuckle out of it. It was raining sunday and monday, so I did my long run on monday(2.5 hours). This was a bit close to my last long run on thursday, but I couldn't train outdoors and this way I get to ride hard all week with out having to worry about it midweek. Curtis if you're reading this I'll just do a loop on wed. and thurs.

No comments: