Sunday, April 6, 2008

Break Through

Hey,

I had a pretty good day today despite the snow on the ground outside. I was soooo hoping to get out and do a long ride outdoors, but it snowed overnight so I had to settle for the dreaded trainer. I had an AWSOME ride though, I've never ever been able to ride that long(3 hours) indoors, but I did today. I started off thinking I'd ride 2-2.5 hours and then go for a run later, but I kept thinking hmmm it would be nice to do 3, it would really be nice to do 3 hours. So I kept riding and thinking 2-2.5 would be nice, but 3 would be better. Anyways I got the big 3 hours done and went to the gym after for an hour on the treadmill for a 4 hour day.

That rounds out a pretty big week for me, the third week in the first base phase so next week means recoveryyyyyyyy. I did one interval workout on the treadmill on monday, I thought I'd do that once a week amongst all the base slow stuff just to help get some speed for the half marathon coming up. Maybe with the low volumn this week I can do two speed workouts, 1 interval and a tempo, we'll see how it goes. The weather looks like it may improve(knock on wood) so hopefully I'll get some outdoor rides in as well. Curtis better be ready to swim tomorrow as I'm going to be feeling a lot stronger then thursday(I was bagged that day). :D Cheers and have a good weekend,

Darryl

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good job on the longer stuff!One question though,IS MORE BETTER???Be Careful & stick to your plan.
Are ya ready for the half marathon?What are you going to try & run there,1;25???You should be capable of this.You have good speed,Or at the worst you may run 1:30,BUT feel steady the whole time.Sometimes you will have great endurance from the longer training,with no puch for the speed.Either way you will run a good race for your current fitness level.I am sure of that.!Have a good weekend,Cam.

runningman said...

I just want to break 90 minutes for the half, I don't really care much more then that, just want to feel strong coming in like last year(although that was only 1:31 but I felt awsome).

More is more now stop making excuses and GET OUT AND TRAIN!!!

Anonymous said...

D,I am gonna razz you about MORE is MORE all the time,as It doesnt work well for me,BUT it may work for you.As You said before everyone is different & what works for me or curtis may or may not work for you.
I did get out & slap down a fast 18km today!
Keep at it & update yer blog more!!!You write lots of funny stuff & even if you dont think so.I believe that alot of people are laughing as they read your stories.
Later,Cam.