Monday, April 14, 2008

Paris Roubaix

Hey,

Check out these pics of the Paris Roubaix. I'm amazed every year how difficult this race is. I would say I'll never complain about bumpy pavement from my rides again, but I'm sure I'll forget and complain regardless. Actually I don't complain hardly about bumps so maybe I don't have to change anything. Here are some pics and you can check the race highlights, notice the facial expressions as they're no doubt getting their fillings jarred out from the bumps. At least it wasn't a wet year, I'm sure you've all seen pics from one of those years. The winner gets a cobble stone. I was wondering where they get the cobble stone from. I wonder if the farmer who's road they get the cobbles from get pissed since they're literally taking his road away little by little. They probably take the best ones so maybe he just got them replaced with some new ones and here they(the guys who pick the trophy cobble stone for the winner) come BRUTAL!! Maybe the farmer will steal it back, I hear Boonen now has two in his trophy case. Fabien as well as Stuart O'grady. Hincapie has been wanting one for years? Why doesn't he just go pick one out of the road. Whole lot easier then doing the race year after year, he's had a lot of bad luck, crashes, mechanicals. Cheers,

Darryl

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Welcome_to_Hell!_(pics)_P1750552/

www.cyclingnews.com

3 comments:

Susi said...

hmmm, wonder if the grimaces were due to just to their teeth chattering or other 'bits' being jarred?! LOL.

okay, i won't complain again about how bumpy some parts of horse creek are!!

runningman said...

LOL it's possible.

Anonymous said...

Hey D,come out here anytime,I am gonna try to ride that hilly loop soon,there is still alot of gravel on the side roads,but it should be rideable soon.Weather will still be a factor,& we may have to take the forcast day by day.Later,Cam.