Saturday, April 26, 2008

Police half thoughts

Hey all,

I just got back from the Tech shop to pick up my race number. The race numbers are a strange color. Or at least the back ground is brown, not the regular white or other funky light color. Thank goodness they're smaller too, I hate the big huge race numbers that were popular a few years ago.

As for the race, I'm not sure how it'll go, my calf is still a bit tight. I've given it plenty of rest, like 5 days off running completely which in itself makes me nervous about my fitness level. Oh well I'm gonna suck it up, show up tomorrow and do my best. Hopefully start out easy and pick it up later around the glenmore landing area, maybe a touch before then. That's what I did last year and felt really great and finished strong.

I had goals of breaking 90 minutes but now I think I'll just be happy to be under 95. But you never know, it could even be warm and some of the sheltered tree covered areas may even have some snow on the path still. This all could have an impact on the race performance. I just want to go out there and run a solid tempo/race and cross the finish line strong.

I'm not sure about if I should wear my hr monitor or even time my race. Last year I didn't time it and there are pros and cons to both. Actually I'm not even sure what heart rate would be a good half marathon pace for me. Maybe top of z3, then z4 in the last miles??? I'll see what I do, maybe I'll wear the hr monitor not time the race, but just use it at the start for the first 10k to keep the effort in z3. Then later go by feeling. Well I'm off to get some pasta in me, cheers and for any of you who might be racing this weekend good luck. My number is 1737 for those of you who don't know what I look like, make sure you say hi or cheer me on if you are watching. :P

5 comments:

Susi said...

good luck in the race tomorrow! i'm thinking i'll be quite far behind you so likely won't see you on the run, but perhaps after! uh, long after. LOL.

i wasn't sure if i was going to run tomorrow and even said if the shirt sucked i wouldn't. (cause i can't wear the shirt if i haven't done the run!) the shirts aren't great, but i'm going anyways. haha. it'll be fun and should be gorgeous outside.

i believe there are a group of us going to the wild rose brewery/pub at the calgary public market after. feel free to join in. IG might be there too.

oh, and my race number is 502.

l8r g8r!

Trevor Oseen said...

Make sure you give me a slap as you pass by me at Glenmore Landing.

Trevor #1678
Susan #1676

Anonymous said...

zone 4 the whole waaaayyyyy!!!!rock it

& remember that it is suppossed to be fun.Oh yewah,It has become a tradition to slap Trevs butt if ya pass him....watch it he may slap yours!!!lol.Later,Cam.

Susi said...

hey! i hope you had a great race. it was brilliant out there!

Trevor Oseen said...

Hey man, missed you out there today. I did not feel that "slap".