Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Penticton here we come.

Hey,

Some good news today. I had put my name on a list with ummmm I forget the name, some organization in Okanagan that finds reservations for you. Not sure why I kept my name on the list cause I had already assumed that I'd stay in Kelowna since all the rooms in Penticton were sooo expensive and booked anyways. I knew they'd have cancellations, but like I said too expensive anyways so I had forgotten. I had in the mean time booked the super 8 in Kelowna figuring I'd suck it up and drive in every day. Anyways they emailed me today with a couple options, and the one actually isn't too much more then my cheap cheap 115 dollar a night reservation at the super 8. So I took the room at the Granada Inn for 150 a night. Not too bad for Penticton during the Ironman. It's probably a dive, but it's in town and even right on the course. So Lisa can watch for a bit, then go in and have a nap if she wants. It's a bit aways from the lake, they say 10 min drive, but it's on main street. So I cancelled my place in Kelowna and I'm officially staying in Penticton, woo hooo. Oh and I also got Aquaman a place, they also gave me a 2 double bed option at the sandman so I talked the lady into letting my buddy take that as well. I had to ask really really nice so Curtis owes me big time now. I'm such a good friend aren't I??? (not really she gave us the room right aways, but Curtis doesn't need to know that part, don't tell him please). Cheers,

Darryl

PS: Anyone ever stay there before? Is it a dive? All I care is that it's clean really.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see that you guys are set for Penticton.Also like the new look of the blog header.1998!!!WOW that was 10 years ago,Does it seem like a long time?Nice hair too!!!lol.Enjoy the rest of the week.Cam.

runningman said...

Yeah, so long in terms of I don't remember what it's like to run that pace. So short in that I remember parts like it was yesterday. Some day I'd like to give it another go and try and go sub 3.

I'm super pumped about Penticton, one less thing to worry about and heck summer is just around the corner. But I guess we first have to get spring. :P

Susi said...

i wouldn't worry too much about the hotel, even the older ones are nice to stay in. i was in the motel 5000 last year - from the outside it looked divey, but they kept it super clean. you'll love staying right in town - it's all part of the IMC experience!

runningman said...

sweet thanks Susi!