Thursday, May 20, 2010

Penticton Day #1

Hey,

Day one didn't quite go as planned. But not too bad overall, could have been worse and will only get better as we go, weather and health. Yesterday we were going to leave really early so we could get a ride in, but I was just too weak early on so Greg and I both opted to sleep in and just leave when ever we felt like it. So we ended up leaving shortly after noon. This worked ok, only had one delay in LL where they were blasting rock, had to wait on the road for maybe 20-30min.

Today we finally got on the road, we waited for it to warm up a bit. Was supposed to rain and there were rain clouds to the south of us but nothing over us yet.... So we started off with a head wind on our way to osoyoos. Greg and I started pushing a bit and after few turns at the helm I realized I still don't have my full energy back yet. In fact eventually even holding his wheel was a task in itself. Aughhhh oh well, this combined with the dark clouds closing in on us and cold wind eventually we decided to turn around. I was getting chilly and we don't want to kill ourselves on the first day. I'm still improving. So we rode back, the tailwind helped that go by a lil easier.

So we rested a bit and went out later with Trevor. This time we climbed up Green mountain road. At times I tested myself a bit, but eventually my body had the last say, lol. We just rode to the top of Green Mountain road and come down the way we came. Oh we already had a run in with the local police. One cop stopped and reminded us to ride single file and in the bike lane. I didn't see any bike lane there, but single file I guess we can do. He seemed a little cranky, he pulled up beside us, honked the horn while we were sitting there waiting for the light, then rolled down the window to let us know. Oh well we just agreed and moved on, no sense in letting that ruin our day. So almost 4 hours on the bike, hopefully I'll be 100% tomorrow and ready really ride hard. Cheers,

DP

2 comments:

Julie said...

I am so proud of you -- not even one day in town and already dodging the poe-poe!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!

The fact that you were even able to ride so much shows your health is bouncing back from the steak episode. You are going to rock this training bock, Darryl!! :) :) :)

Jenna said...

glad the shits never got the best of ya!!