Sunday, May 30, 2010

Quick Half Mary RR

Hey,

Ran really well considering I didn't feel too good starting out. I made the mistake of sitting around too long(getting to the start line too early) in the cold. Probably not having enough fluid in the system either. We started out and after about 4 miles my legs felt done, I contemplated dropping out(not like quitting, but at least jogging the rest of the way). BUT, I'm really happy about the outcome, with all that negative crap going on in my head/body I managed to hang on and put together a solid race. I don't even think I slowed much, even though I did have to ease up at times around the 6-8 mile points. Coming home down Memorial drive in the last 4 miles I managed to hook up with a two people(including the 3rd place chick) and this helped me to pick it up again. I finally got chicked by her as we overtook the 10k crowds. It was kinda annoying weaving through the loads of 10kers, but thinking back I think it also helped to distract me too so bitter sweet. Don't have much else to say except the stats. I carried the Garmin and got it to Auto lap each mile.

http://www.raceheadquarters.com/results/2010/run/CalgaryMarathon2010Half.html

Avg hr - 157bpm, Avg pace - 6:44 min per/mile, Max hr 167

42 38/1117 M 5/192 Male 35-39 3964 1:28:35 1:28:29 4:12 Darryl Penner Calgary AB

Miles
1 - 6:46
2 - 6:47
3 - 6:35
4 - 6:41
5 - 6:39
6 - 6:45
7 - 6:50 Falling apart abit
8 - 6:49
9 - 6:43 Trying to hold onto fast chick and other guy
10 - 6:37 Trying to hold onto fast chick and other guy
11 - 6:43 Got dropped by mini group
12 - 6:48 Getting through the 10kers
13 - 6:53 Uphill

Oh yeah Lisa did Awesome too!! She managed to squeak in under 40min for the 5k and almost managed to hit the mid field. She rocks!!

http://raceheadquarters.com/results/2010/run/CalgaryMarathon20105K.html

449 282/450 F 44/65 Female 25-29 8073 40:55 39:55 7:59 Lisa Penner Calgary AB

6 comments:

Heather said...

Congrates on your run! I wish I could run half your speed! Also rest a sure I was not one of the 10k runners you had to go around Haha!

Trevor Oseen said...

Nice work brother. I was looking for you on your return but I think it was right around Crowchild where the road splits. I was all ready to yell "PUMP IT PENNER!" but I did not get to use it today so I will save it for another.

Nice job on the finish for you and Lisa.

Trev

Jenna said...

Awesome work!! Both of you!! I always tell mysef I can think all i want about slowing down or quitting WHILE i run...lol

Julie said...

Solid run Darryl! I love how you pulled it together again and again -- and Lisa is a little motor!! Congratulations to you guys!!! :) :)

Lisa Ulrich said...

Great job on the solid race, especially after all those miles of biking/running in your Penticton training camp! Way to go!

Dano said...

Hey Darryl, great time on the Calgary Half buddy! Definitely getting some motivation from you! Just for the future stalking my last name is Burridge, lol. My time was 2:01:17. I wanted to get back under 2 but some GI issues really affected me in the last 3-4km. I looked at my garmin and I stopped 8 times in the last 3km. Not the race I wanted but I am moving on. Congrats to Lisa as well, she should be proud of herself!