Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Poop Fairy - 1, Montezuma's Revenge - 1, Darryl - 0

They both ganged up on me last night. Not sure what I did to deserve this, I'm assuming it was the steak I ate. I had a bad feeling about it, red, juicy, but the texture ....anyways I ignored my spidey sense and here I am feeling like I got run over by a truck. They hounded me all night, I kept going to the bathroom wondering who'd take the first punch, sometimes nearly at the same time??? K that's enough details, it finally subsided and I was allowed to sleep. I'm actually finally able to get some food(jugo juice smoothie from Lisa) in me. Maybe some solids later.

Damn, I'm supposed to leave for Penticton early tomorrow morning. What do I do? Do I just go knowing I'll recover, pound back some calories/fluids and trust that I'll be able to train when I get there? What ever this is that hit me took alot out of me. Maybe I should wait a day or two? Not sure, I'll pick up my bike from the shop later today and feel it out. Maybe go for a walk, see how I feel. Either way, they may have got me this time in the round robin play, but I will be back!!!

DP

5 comments:

Dano said...

Uggghh...nothing worse. Hope it's resolving Darryl. Hopefully you will be able to make it out to Pentiction in good shape!

Julie said...

I think you are going to recover quickly -- it was definitely the steak. Just take it easy and replenish and you are going to be good to go!! :) :) :)

Trevor Oseen said...

Fitting, couldn't happen to a better guy (j/k). Where I am (in Afghanistan) you would think that in the past 13 days I would have gotten some illness but the only thing I have succumbed to so far has been gluttony. Enjoy the training weekend and see you on race day (30th).

i am Susan said...

Oh No....Glad you managed to get some sleep. Hopefully you will still be able to make your trip out to Penticton.

Lisa Ulrich said...

I'm sure you will recover and be just fine for your big training camp. Have fun and work hard!