Wednesday, March 12, 2008

aches/pains

Hey,

Nothing to major, I just have a kink in my neck since my first ride outside. Although I'm not totally convinced it was actually from the ride. I'm thinking more and more that I just slept funny, cause I didn't have much neck pain after the ride and in the morning it was on the side of the neck. Any seasoned triathlete knows you shouldn't be having pain there. Anyways the second thing that popped up yesterday was a bit of foot pain. I've only felt it one run now although it's odd cause I can't really locate the actual spot of the discomfort on my foot. I just know it happens when I push off... I think. Anyways this is a light week, which is normal I guess. The pains always come out on the light weeks. Not like I was doing a huge amount of running anyways. I wasn't I swear.

Oh another thing all you readers get to look forward to. I'm logging all of my food for the week, who knows I may do it for several weeks. You can all critique it at the end of the week or weeks. I figure knowing I'm posting it all will make me think twice about eating/drinking some of the things I'd normally take. I got the idea from when Greg(possible coach) told me he'd want a 2 week report of my diet and I kinda rolled my eyes. Curtis is very health conscous, Leslie is a nutritionist and I expect some more of you will want to just point and laugh. That's cool, maybe Chad can be the spell checker. :P j/k

As the weather gets better you'll see less and less of me at the gym. Never fear though I'll be training, just more running outside where it's meant to be done. Hopefully we won't get another winter spell and I can bike some more soon. I was going to go yesterday but the wind was gusting 60km and with only plus 10 it would have been miserable. So I just swam and ran after with Curtis. It's interesting talking with the lifeguards, they think we're rock stars for doing all the training. Mean while I keep thinking I'm not doing enough unless I'm tired/sore. Maybe that's why I should be coached. Cheers,

Darryl

3 comments:

Chad Geiger said...

Ahhhh, that would explain the in and out at the gym tongiht,hey? You didn't look very happy when you left. Good to know. Remember your body doesn't get stronger when you work, it's the rest that does it. Lifting, cycling, running - another connection between our different worlds in training! Hope you feel better soon, man!
Chad

Anonymous said...

PATIENCE!My FRIEND,PATIENCE!!!

runningman said...

naa the neck thing was because I slept funny, and the foot thing is already gone. Yesterday's muligan was unrelated, just a spur of the moment I really don't want to be here(personal). Thanks Cam, I'm already taking your advice I'm being very patient. The foot thing is already gone since I didn't run yesterday. The thing that I am getting impatient about is the outside riding. I want to goooooooooo. :) How's the snow melting in Golden? When do you predict I can come out and ride?