Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Swim/Brick

Hey,

I had a couple good work outs on Sunday and monday. Sunday was the longest swim I've done to date. I think Aquaman blew his previous record out of the water as well. I did 4300(just under 4k meters) yards and felt great the whole way. Course almost all of it was pull but it still felt great to swim further then an Ironman swim in one work out. We did 6x500 with warmup and cooldown.

Yesterday it was 7 degrees and I was itching to get on the bike again so I went. The weather website said the wind was only 20 km ph but it sure seemed windier then that. Anyways I went out and the wind was strong. Even going with wind my feet began to freeze(I don't have toe warmers or booties). So needless to say turning around into the "20km ph" wind my feet absolutely froze!!!! Oh well getting back to the house I still was happy I got out. I had to turn around earlier then I wanted, but with the stiff head wind my ride ended up being 1.5 hours. I'm also happy to say my bike fitness isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I found out later that the wind was 32 gusting 47 km ph. Anyways I was comtemplating a brick on the way back. So when I had allowed my toes to thaw I put on the running shoes and headed out for a 31 min run. That felt great too. yayyyy my first outdoor brick of the year. Today it's back to the pool.

Darryl

No comments: