Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Training/Foilman/Swimming

Hey,

How's it going with everyone? Training is going well for me, I'm staying healthy, rested and getting a really good base in. Base I technically only starts March 16, but w/e I'm already getting in a good solid foundation for the 2008 summer. I hope to do lots of cycling as soon as spring comes, please oh pleaseeeeeeeeee give us a early one. I put my racing schedule up, it's not that exciting cept that I entered the arbour lake tri already. Curtis get on that so it doesn't fill up before you can enter. I also proposed a date for the Foilman, I don't really care if it's saturday or sunday. You guys(I'm looking at Curtis, Cam, Trevor, anyone else who is interested) will have to tell me if that doesn't suit and if you prefer another weekend. I just spaced it I think 4 weeks before IMC so our fitness should be fairly good to complete the 112 mile bike and do a run afterwards. I have no clue yet where it would be, but I figured we should set a definate date first. Some of you, well I guess all of you have families I hope we can set a date that works for you all and make sure you keep it free once it's set!!!

I managed to meet my swimming goal. I put my name(runningman75) down on the slowtwitch spreadsheet and I managed just over 40,000 yards(I swim in a yards pool). I did a 1500m time trial on the weekend and managed 25:53, that's the fastest I've ever done with no pull bouy or wetsuit help. I even had to stop twice cause my goggles were leaking at first. So I probably would have been closer to 25 min. With the wetsuit I know I can also swim a lot faster, who knows maybe swim with the lead guys(they swam around 22 min last year) in Arbour lake?? Wouldn't that be sweet!!!

Another FYI if any of you want a good coach, Jaime has said she will coach the next tri clinic at the Y. It'll be starting in April for 3 months tues and thurs at 8:30 pm. We have a wide range of speeds in the grp, so if you're interested and can do a few lengths of free style with out stopping I bet you'd fit right in. Cheers,

Darryl

5 comments:

CurtisV said...

Hey buddy, I signed up for Arb.Lake as well...should be a fun 1st tri. See you at swimming tomorrow.

Later,
Aquaman

Trevor Oseen said...

July 27th works potentially. It's little Simon's birthday on the 24th so we just need to figure out which day he will have his party.

You doing the half/full marathon in Calgary?

T

runningman said...

hmmmm I've thought about it and I don't know. I wouldn't do the full marathon for sure, I don't want to risk anything in a Ironman build up. I really don't like to race a lot so I'm not sure I may sign up for another half but then that just takes another weekend away from a potential long ride. So I'm undecided /shrug.

i am Susan said...

Hey---I can't figure out what your virtual character is doing...is that how you dance???

runningman said...

He's supposed to be throwing up, but the animation is cut off and only shows about half of it. If you check it out on the site you can see the full effect.